Use these steps to set up your Office 365 Business Essentials subscription. With this plan, you connect to Office 365 online. You don't install the Office apps.
1. Create Office 365 accounts and add your domain
In this step, you use the Setup wizard to create Office 365 accounts for your users and add your own domain. The wizard lets you personalize everyone's user ID and email for your business, like firstname.lastname@example.org.
To start the wizard, choose Go to setup and follow this guide Office 365 Admin Set Up using Setup Wizard
2. Import email
Move your existing email and contacts from other email systems to your Office 365 mailbox so you can see it all in one place.
3. Connect email accounts
You can connect other email accounts to Outlook, too, such as your Gmail and Yahoo accounts. This lets you manage all of your email in one place. You can connect up to 5 email accounts to Outlook.
Sign in to Office 365 with your work or school account at www.office.com/signin.
2. Choose Mail.
3. On the Outlook navigation bar, select Settings > Options.
4. In the left pane, choose Mail, and under Accounts, choose Connected accounts.
Not all features are available in every region. If you don't see the Connected accounts option, this feature may not be available for your account.
5. On the Connect your email account page, enter your full email address, such as email@example.com, and the password of the email account you want to connect to Outlook.
6. Choose OK.
IMPORTANT: If you get a message that Outlook couldn't connect to the server for your other account, choose Back and make sure you entered the correct email address and password for your account. Typos are really common!
Need more detailed steps or help? See Connect email accounts in Outlook on the web (Office 365).
4. Install Skype for Business
You and your team members can download and install Skype for Business on all your PCs, Macs, tablets, and phones. Then you'll be able to see the online status of your coworkers, start chats from other Office applications, and host video meetings with up to 250 people.
2. Sign in with your work or school account.
3. Select Skype for Business and choose Install.
4. To learn more, see Install Skype for Business.
6. Store files online
Office 365 makes online file storage easy. To learn which storage locations are best for your business, see Where you can store files in Office 365.
Everyone gets a OneDrive cloud storage location automatically when you create Office 365 accounts for them. With OneDrive, you can access files across your computers, phones, and tablets.
Go to www.office.com/signin.
2. On the Office 365 Home page, choose OneDrive.
3. Upload the files you want to store.
Get started using Office
To take a tour of Office 365 and learn how to use all the Office mobile apps, see How to get started using Office.